Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
ASAE and ASAE Foundation’s Board of Directors needs you! Here is your chance to help lead the association dedicated to furthering the profession of association management. ASAE and ASAE Foundation are currently seeking the following association professionals and industry partners to serve in leadership positions:
- Secretary-Treasurer (Industry Partners are not eligible to serve as Officers)
- At-Large Directors (4); Industry Partner (1)
The benefits are many:
- A significant role in advancing your profession;
- An opportunity to enhance the value of ASAE and ASAE Foundation to the association community;
- Access to up-to-date information about the challenges facing your profession;
- The chance to exchange ideas and perspectives with other volunteer leaders.
ASAE and ASAE Foundation value and seek diverse leadership as defined by race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, appearance, geographic location, professional level, etc. It seeks leaders from all types and sizes of eligible organizations. The Leadership Committee has identified a number of desired attributes that will be part of the selection process for new Board members.
- Demonstrated leadership commitment and involvement with ASAE and ASAE Foundation and the nonprofit community. Examples include but are not limited to: service on an ASAE and ASAE Foundation committee, section council, commission, task force, and/or obtained the CAE credential.
- Recognized leader in the association community. Examples include, but are not limited to: serving as the chair of an Allied Society, ASAE, and ASAE Foundation committee, section council, commission, task force, or philanthropic organization.
- Relevant expertise in the disciplines of organizational management. Examples include, but are not limited to: branding, fundraising, component relations, finance, international, strategic alliances.
- Commitment to participate in 3-4 board meetings a year. ASAE board members are asked to provide financial support to Annual Giving, APAC, Power of A, special events and/or campaigns.
- Positive leadership attributes; emotional intelligence; ability to work collaboratively and engage in appropriate debate and discussion when needed.
- Visionary and strategic thinker. Demonstrated ability of new and innovative programs within their sphere of influence. Examples include, but are not limited to: incorporating strategy, leadership, future focus, risk taking, and an entrepreneur spirit.
For the secretary-treasurer position, you need to have served on the board of directors for at least 2 years; in addition, you do not need to fill out this application – contact Carole Murray, CAP-OM directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
|March 30||Deadline to receive candidate intent to submit application|
|April 27||Deadline to receive online nomination application|
|June 6||Select slate of officers and directors for ASAE and ASAE Foundation Boards|
Present the ASAE slate to the membership and following approval, send ASAE Foundation slate to the Foundation Board for approval
|August 20||Installation of officers and directors at the ASAE and ASAE Foundation Annual Meeting in Chicago|