Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
ASAE and ASAE Foundation value and seek diverse leadership as defined by race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, appearance, geographic location, professional level, etc. It seeks leaders from all types and sizes of eligible organizations. The Leadership Committee has identified a number of desired attributes that will be part of the selection process for new Board members.
1. Demonstrated leadership commitment and involvement with ASAE and ASAE Foundation and the nonprofit community. Examples include but are not limited to: service on an ASAE and ASAE Foundation committee, section council, commission, task force, and/or obtained the CAE credential.
2. Recognized leader in the association community. Examples include, but are not limited to: serving as the chair of an Allied Society, ASAE, and ASAE Foundation committee, section council, commission, task force, or philanthropic organization.
3. Relevant expertise in the disciplines of organizational management. Examples include, but are not limited to: branding, fundraising, component relations, finance, international, strategic alliances.
4. Commitment to participate in 3-4 board meetings a year. ASAE board members are asked to provide financial support to Annual Giving, APAC, Power of A, special events and/or campaigns.
5. Positive leadership attributes; emotional intelligence; ability to work collaboratively and engage in appropriate debate and discussion when needed.
6. Visionary and strategic thinker. Demonstrated ability of new and innovative programs within their sphere of influence. Examples include, but are not limited to: incorporating strategy, leadership, future focus, risk taking, and an entrepreneur spirit.